Konami has released an open beta test for a “new football experience” for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The test will run until July 8.
The official site of this “New Football Game Online Performance Test” is a sub-directory of the Pro Evolution Soccer branch of Konami’s website, so it’s safe to assume this is a test for the next entry in the eFootball PES franchise.
Here’s a look at the Open Beta, via its official website:
Konami is proud to announce that a new football experience is on the way!
With that said, we’ll be releasing an open beta before the game officially launches, as described below.
The purpose of this beta test is to assess the quality of online matchmaking and connection to servers.
Please note that the game mechanics, balance, animations and graphics are all under development and will be improved before the official launch.
With all of that out of the way, we would like to invite you to participate in this open beta, and we would be very grateful if you could share with us your thoughts and comments on your experience.
- Only a limited number of teams are available to play during this test. Each team has a squad of 22 players, chosen based on the number of matches they have played in and their total playing time.
- You do not need to subscribe to PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold to participate in online multiplayer games for this test.
- Intergenerational play between PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 is available.
- Intergenerational multiplayer games between Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series S are available.
- This game is currently under development, so unexpected errors such as crashes can occur.
- We may need to perform unscheduled maintenance during testing.
- Game data from this test cannot be transferred to the official launch version.
- You will no longer be able to play the beta test version of this game after the testing period has ended.
Further details, including new controls, are available here.
Watch a series of review videos via the links below.